Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Risk lover - risk taker - risk acceptance.

Today, miracle happens...guess what? I am at school when I`m writing in this blog. Geez..but I cannot concentrate at all. I am more productive when I am at home. Futhermore, I have a new desk from IKEA that charged me 28 ooo yen.

I`ve finished writing my synthesis and I think I need to go back for some serious reading.Before that I`ve found this poem somewhere in the website.

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out for another is to risk exposing your true self.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To try is to risk failure.

But the risk must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing does nothing.
One may avoid suffering and sorrow, but simply cannot learn, feel, grow, love.
Chained by the certitudes, the individual is a slave, and has forfeited freedom.
Only a person who risks is free.

One cannot refuse to eat just because there is a chance of being choked. --- Love is a great risk, but not loving is of greater risk - even though you may have been hurt badly before - a great love will come to you soon and you must be ready to accept it.

No comments: