Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spring time..

It is a tulip season in Japan


Wow it seems thaat I take quite a long time to write again! A lot of things happened of course and it is hard for me to report everything. The winter season which I don’t really prefer had finished and the weather turns to very nice and warm suits with my feeling. Even almost every day it is raining but the colorful flowers seem blooming everywhere.



The Golden Week has passed by. A week before that, I had an academic camp with my lab mates with our new sensei in Biwako in Shiga prefecture. Well, I can say as a – mengeratkan silaturrahim purpose -. Our new leader, I mean our new sensei has a very different perspective than our last Kitamura sensei. He is younger, more energetic and somehow very sporting. I had a chance to chat with him. He told us that, when he was 25 or 26 years old he used to join a band as a vocalist. I heard that he is really good in singing. One interesting thing about him is when he talks; he will use very loud voice and become very enthusiastic. Each times, he will asks the student to live this life for God, not only for the sake of oneself.





He believes in God (but he doesn’t has religion) and he said that recently, young generations of Japan facing the social dilemmas. They become selfish and lost respect to old peoples and traditions. What he thought is something that really different and mostly of Japanese don’t really care about God. He wants to change the perspective. That’s why he always gives a kind of motivation for Japanese students. In Nihon – Go of course….



But what important for me is – he makes my work easier. I have finished designing the questionnaire and waiting time to collect the data. He likes it - that is the most important thing. I have two months to accomplish everything before I can analyze and write journals. I heard he has a lot of PhD students that can finish the PhD in 2 years. I am not hoping to come back before the time but hoping to gain the PhD on the time! I have a lot of plans after that…. Life is not easy, thou!!!





I need to discipline myself a little bit. Put effort on writing practice, working more on mathematical models, and be fast. Well...The season that I love the most has come!

1 comment:

M. H. Jabbar said...

hope u stay focus and well motivated to complete the journey!